Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Zhou's question 9.23

I couldn't stop thinking about my own continuing study of the Tibeten Youth Congress this semester after reading those three articles. Since I am planning to use both critical and interpretivist perspectives this time to study the TYC, I am wondering in what way I can address them respectively while finding the common ground of those two in my study.

I am thinking about taking the brochure published by the TYC recently as the mainline of my study this time. So, if I understood those articles in a right way, as an organizational communication scholar, interpreting how the TYC used this brochure to make sense of themselves is a way of using interpretivist perspetive; analysing what appears natural and normal about the TYC's resist is actually socially constructed, and also if the Chinese government is going to issue some related policies as a response to the TYC are both from the critial perspective. But then, what will be the "grey area" as the common ground of those two perspetives? Do I need to address this part?

No comments:

Post a Comment